We are happy to announce Healing Connections Peer Support Groups will return starting Tuesday, May 25, 2021!
Please be advised some changes have been made to our Peer Support Groups:
- Initially, our groups will be offered once monthly (the 4th Tuesday of each month from 3:30-4:30pm).
- Submitting a registration request for each group is required and pending. We will send an email update on status of your request.
- Registration request includes confirmation that you have received, read, and agree to the Healing Connections Support Group Agreement.
Please see below for the Healing Connections Support Group Agreement and registration request link.
Note: If you are looking for additional peer support groups, please let us know and we would be happy to share. For one-to-one telephone mutual support, please call our Healing Connections Peer Support Line at (631) 471-7242 ext. 1217 Mondays-Fridays 9am-5pm. If you reach our voicemail, please leave us a message as we are on the other line offering support.
Healing Connections is a support group for and by people who experience emotional distress, voices and visions, extreme and altered states of consciousness, labels of psychiatry, substance use, and trauma/trauma responses. Prior to registration, each participant must read and agree to:
We agree to be respectful toward all group members in order to maintain the safety of our group. We honor that group members will share aspects of their personal identity that are meaningful to them and we are expected to be supportive of this sharing. Aspects of identity that might be discussed include race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, and socioeconomic status.
Our support group will meet from 3:30-4:30 pm on the 4th Tuesday of each month. Attendance is limited to 8 participants. Due to limited capacity, we ask that each person attending is on time and will stay until end time.
Each of our privacy is important and respected. The recording feature has been restricted from any of our offered Peer Support Services. We ask that each of us uphold privacy and anything that is shared in our support group, stay within that group. We ask that we do not take what is shared in one group into any another group. Our group decides the limits to maintaining privacy, and there is transparency at all times around any limits that are identified.
Check-in: Introductions and Talk Time
We will all say our name and share if we would like to talk. As stated in our Guiding Principles talking is completely voluntary, if one chooses to only listen that is more than okay, just let us know during this check-in. We respect that we each have the right to change our mind to talk at any point.
Be sure everyone has a chance to talk. Some people are naturally more talkative than others. We can ask questions to offer opportunity for quiet group members to share. It’s also crucial if we are more vocal to be mindful that everyone has a chance to contribute.
For safety reasons the chat feature is off. We encourage outside connections. If at anyone would like to exchange contact information, please let us know. If you would like to connect with us offline with questions, suggestions, or comments email email@example.com
- We are based in self-help and mutual support.
- We believe that healing is possible and probable for all.
- We value human language that is non-clinical. This allows each person a space to explore and find their own meaning in their life and their experiences (worldview).
- We believe in the healing power of choice. Attendance and participation are completely voluntary. It’s okay to just listen.
- We are not here to “fix” each other or give advice, but rather “be” with one another, creating a culture of reciprocal respect and support.
- We refrain from universalizing our experience and our worldview. Difference is expected, welcomed, and honored.
- We refrain from judgment! We challenge ourselves to intentionally come from a place of genuine curiosity when people share their experience and worldview.
Registration Request Link:
Healing Connections Peer Support Group
631-471-7242 ext. 1390 (Voicemail box only. Please leave a message.)
For information on our Peer Support Line click here or call us at 631-471-7242 ext. 1217 Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm for one-to-one telephone mutual support.