Salary: $45,000 to $47,000- Based on experience and credentials, competitive salary and benefits package.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Riverhead, NY and travel throughout Suffolk County
- A Bachelor’s degree in a human service/health discipline and two years experience is preferred. Candidates with Master’s degrees are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Those with Bi-lingual skills and personal experience are strongly encouraged to apply; we strive to achieve a diverse workforce, representative of the communities we serve.
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced psychiatric, substance abuse challenges, trauma as well as chronic physical health conditions;
- Strong communication skills and collaboration with professionals involved in the consumer’s care;
- Understanding of the key elements of recovery and wellness, including the role of family and self-help;
- Sound organizational skills including computer skills (agency uses electronic health records, multiple IT platforms).
- Basic knowledge of the public health/mental health system, public entitlement and social service programs;
- Candidate must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
We want to know- What is your area of interest or specialty?
Please send a cover letter expressing your interest and specialties to: Kathy Elfers, HR Director at email@example.com