Salary: $16.00 per hour
Hours: Multiple shifts available: 7a-3p; 3p-11p; 11p-7a: seven days a week. Also 3p–11p Saturday and Sunday; 7a–3p Sunday
Location: Yaphank, NY
The responsibilities of the Shelter Manager/Worker include direct service and administrative support functions that are essential to ensuring the health and safety of the shelter program and all of its clients. Above all, the worker is expected to maintain professional appearance, modeling positive work ethic and helpful interpersonal relations, while projecting an attitude and demeanor that promotes an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Shelter Manager/Worker’s responsibilities are subject to change per the needs of the shelter as guided and directed by the leadership of the program. We are looking for organized professional with excellent interpersonal, computer, and communication skills who is committed to serve the homeless veteran population.
Direct Service Responsibilities:
- Safety assurance
- Daily routines
- New client engagement
- Client discharge
Administrative Support Responsibilities
- Answer and log all telephone calls and refer to appropriate staff or take necessary action
- New clients
- Keep office and files neat and organized
- Distribute client mail in timely fashion
- Supervise and ensure efficient use of drivers
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meeting
Looking for organized professional with excellent interpersonal, computer, and communication skills who is committed to serve the homeless veteran population.
- Additional Position Requirements:
- Honorably Discharged Veterans are encouraged to apply
- Maintain valid NYS driver’s license
- Obtain and maintain Food Manager Certificate, First Aid Certification and other required trainings upon employment
Application: Please send resume & cover letter to Kristi Bosco at: email@example.com or fax to (631) 676-6934.
Association for Mental Health & Wellness