Salary: $20.00 per hour
Hours: Varies, per diem
Location: Hauppauge, NY
Availability: Immediate, pending clearances
- Co-Facilitate peer support groups weekly at sites to be identified
- Serve as a point person for engaging participants into peer support groups, including the use of face-to-face consultations as needed.
- Assist participants and families, through phone and face-to-face consultations, to connect to needed community resources and services.
- Commit to initial and ongoing peer support training as required
- Complete reports on group attendance, individual contacts and expenses in a timely manner
- Assist project leadership with publicizing the project through a range of activities and as schedule permits.
- An Honorable Discharge from one of the United States armed services
- Previous experience participating in and facilitating a self-help group, or similar experience
- Knowledge of community services for Veterans and their families
- Commitment to learning and growing as a provider of peer support
Application: Please submit resume, cover letter and copy of your DD-214 to Kristi Bosco.
Association for Mental Health & Wellness