Salary: $45,000+ based on experience and credentials
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The successful candidate should possess or be quickly able to acquire the following skills and abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a human service/health discipline and two years’ experience is required. Candidates with Master’s degrees related to physical/mental health are also encouraged to apply.
- Those with Bi-lingual skills strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced psychiatric and substance abuse disabilities and trauma as well as debilitating physical conditions;
- Strong communication skills with health professionals involved in the consumer’s care;
- Understanding of the key elements of recovery and wellness, including the role of family and self-help;
- Sound organizational skills including computer skills (agency uses electronic health records).
- Basic knowledge of the public health/mental health system, public entitlement and social service programs;
- Candidate must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Send a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Kathy Elfers, HR Director
Association for Mental Health & Wellness