Salary: $45,000 to $50,000 per year
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, some flexibility for eve/weekend
Location: Riverhead, NY - travel primarily throughout Eastern Suffolk County.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a human service/health discipline and two years experience is preferred. Candidates with Master’s degrees are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced psychiatric, substance abuse challenges, trauma as well as chronic physical health conditions;
- Strong communication skills and collaboration with professionals involved in the consumer’s care;
- Understanding of the key elements of recovery and wellness, including the role of family and self-help;
- Sound organizational skills including computer skills (agency uses electronic health records, multiple IT platforms).
- Basic knowledge of the public health/mental health system, public entitlement and social service programs;
- Candidate must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Human Resources Director