Salary: To be discussed
Hours: 10-12 hours per week (between both sites)
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY & Riverhead, NY
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide psychiatric consultation and treatment to clients considering or enrolled in our PROS Clinic program. Ensure the timely completion and submission of proper documentation for such services as guided by the CEO or COO, in concert with NYSOMH regulations for PROS-licensed service provision.
- Provide group-based services, as needed, to PROS-enrolled clients on curriculum developed in concert with the PROS Directors and the Deputy Director.
- Provide guidance and oversight to staff for the direct psychiatric/medical care and service coordination for clients of our outpatient psychiatric rehabilitation, clinical, and support services. This includes advising the Pollack Center/Synergy Center Program Directors and Clinic Coordinators concerning the adequacy and appropriateness of the scope of services for clients and staff.
- Provide clinical consultation to PROS Program and Clinic Coordinators in all aspects of clinic service admission, coordination, and risk management
Must submit evidence of and maintain the following:
- A currently valid and unlimited license and registration to practice clinical nursing in the State of New York.
- An appropriate level of medical malpractice liability insurance
- Board certification in the specialty of psychiatric nurse practitioner.
- A currently valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) certification.
- Must become and remain a qualified provider in the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
- A Collaborative Practice Agreement with our Medical Director
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with physicians, personnel, residents, patients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
Must be knowledgeable of reimbursement regulations, practices, and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to outpatient psychiatric care administration.
Application: Please send resume & cover letter to Kristi Bosco at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (631) 676-6934.
Association for Mental Health & Wellness