Salary: $43,000 (non-licensed), $45,000 (licensed) plus benefits (hourly & non-exempt)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; daytimes, occasional evenings
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY – Pollack Center Home Office
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced psychiatric and co-occurring disabilities and trauma
- Sound communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills as an electronic record and e-health information exchange is used daily
- Experience/comfort with utilizing multiple Telehealth platforms for video conferencing.
- Have flexibility to work in office facilitating groups and creativity in conducting remote groups.
- Basic knowledge of the public health/behavioral health system, public entitlements, and psychiatric recovery needed.
- Knowledge/interest with working with young adults is a plus.
- Applicants with personal, lived recovery experience are encouraged to apply.
- Training and understanding in substance abuse and/or learning disabilities a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Cognitive Behavioral practice is a plus.
- Knowledge/interest in Dual Diagnosis recovery a plus.
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish a plus.
A Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling and 3 years’ experience is required. Candidates must be Licensed or License eligible with the expectation that they will obtain this credential in a reasonable timeframe.
Send a resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in this position to: Kristi Bosco, Human Resources Administrator. Kbosco@mhaw.org or (631) 676-6934 (fax).
Association for Mental Health & Wellness