Salary: $45,000 (non-licensed), $48,000 (licensed) plus benefits (hourly & non- exempt)
Hours: 37.5 hrs/week; daytimes, occasional evenings
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY – Pollack Center Home Office
The successful candidate should possess or be quickly able to acquire the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced psychiatric and co-occurring disabilities and trauma
- Sound communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills as an electronic record and e-health information exchange is used daily
- Experience/comfort with utilizing multiple Telehealth platforms for video conferencing.
- Have flexibility to work in office facilitating groups and creativity in conducting remote groups.
- Basic knowledge of the public health/behavioral health system, public entitlements, and psychiatric recovery needed.
- Knowledge/interest with working with young adults is a plus.
- Applicants with personal, lived recovery experience are encouraged to apply.
- Training and understanding in substance abuse and/or learning disabilities a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Cognitive Behavioral practice is a plus.
- Knowledge/interest in Dual Diagnosis recovery a plus.
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish a plus.
A Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling and 3 years’ experience is preferred. Candidates must be Licensed or License eligible with the expectation that they will obtain this credential in a reasonable timeframe.
Please send resume to:
Kathy Elfers, HR Director