Salary: $43,000 - $45,000 (dependent on licensure)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 830 to 430
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
Availability: Pending background clearances, asap
The Professional Staff Member will work as a member of an assigned team, carrying a range of direct service and program oversight responsibilities. Primary focus will be geared toward working with individuals with a Co-Occurring/Substance Use diagnosis. These responsibilities rest within the Psychiatric Rehabilitation and support framework of direct service to participants and call for direct skills teaching, group facilitation, and coordinating roles.
This person will work as part of a PROS team in such a way as to help ensure that the team achieves its assigned quantitative and qualitative objectives that have been established by the agency and communicated via the Program Director. This includes active participation in assessing, developing, and implementing program services in a manner that is responsive to client needs and utilizes the psychiatric rehabilitation approach and technologies.
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and abilities:
- 2-4 years’ experience working with individuals with Co-Occurring/Substance use diagnosis
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced psychiatric illness, substance abuse, trauma and co-occurring disorders .
- Strong clinical judgment and assessment skills preferred. Experience in diagnostic assessment a plus.
- Strong computer skills including use electronic record and e-health information exchange.
- Ability to produce clear and succinct documentation which provides the relevant details needed to support medical necessity, demonstrate progress, communicate treatment issues and enhance care coordination.
- Candidates with experience in person- centered practice including identification of the stage of change and motivational interviewing tools preferred.
- Sound organizational skills and accountability demonstrated by consistent reliable follow up.
- Candidates with family or personal lived recovery experience a plus.
- Training and understanding in substance abuse and/or learning disabilities a plus
- Candidates should be cultural competent. Bi-lingual, English/Spanish a plus
A Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling and 3 years’ experience is required. Candidates must be Licensed or License eligible with the expectation that they will obtain this credential in a reasonable timeframe.
Application: Please send resume & cover letter to Kristi Bosco at: email@example.com or fax to (631) 676-6934.
Association for Mental Health & Wellness