Salary: $13.95 per hour
Hours: Part-time @ 18.75 hours per week
Location: Riverhead, NY
The successful candidate should possess or be quickly able to acquire the following skills and abilities:
- Working toward completion or completion of Peer Specialist Training.
- Working toward obtaining or has obtained the New York Peer Specialist Certification.
- Effective use of self-disclosure to inspire hope and support people experiencing emotional distress, substance use, diagnosed with psychiatric labels and/or who are trauma survivors
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced psychiatric disabilities and trauma
- Basic knowledge of the public mental health system, including self-help and empowerment programs that support recovery.
Application: Please send resume & cover letter to Kristi Bosco at: email@example.com or fax to (631) 676-6934.
Association for Mental Health & Wellness