Salary: $55,000 per year
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Ronkonkoma and Riverhead, NY
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and abilities:
- Master’s degree from a qualified, clinical Graduate program in a Behavioral Health/Human Service field; with an active NYS licensure in the following LPHA disciplines: LMSW/LCSW, LMHC, LCAT, LMFT, LPA; and at least 2 years post-Master’s and licensed experience.
- Excellent inter-personal communication, including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced psychiatric and substance abuse disabilities and trauma; Strong communication skills with health professionals is also required.
- Experience with providing clinical counseling/therapy to participants with Co-Occurring (MH/SU) challenges
- Service planning and record-keeping in a psychiatric rehabilitation, person centered practice and recovery-directed framework; sound knowledge of the Behavioral Health services system (OMH, OASAS).
- Excellent documentation skills and demonstrated proficiency in use of an Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Excellent organizational, time management and computer/technology skills.
- Proficient in the use of current technology: desktop applications, smart phone apps, MS Office 365, Zoom, etc.
- Understanding and Commitment to Corporate Compliance; as identified in organizational and programmatic protocols, regulatory statutes (local, state, federal) and educational requirements.
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus; stipend available for verified language capability.
- Commitment to racial/ethnic equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Ability to provide cultural and linguistically appropriate services.
- Candidate must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Valid New York Driver’s License and meets the criteria to be an agency driver.
* Association for Mental Health and Wellness is offering a onetime sign on bonus for individuals hired at the agency upon successful completion of an introductory period.
Send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Human Resources Director