The goal of the Crisis Counseling Assistance and Training Program (CCP) is to help disaster survivors recover from the adverse reactions to disaster and begin to rebuild their lives. The CCP focuses on helping them understand their personal reactions, helping them plan action steps and solutions to resolve losses and overcome adversities, and linking them to other community resources.
The CCP helps survivors prioritize their needs and connect with organizations or people who can assist them. Although the CCP is a temporary disaster relief program, it leaves behind a permanent legacy of more adaptive coping skills, educational and resource materials, and enhanced
- Works with individuals, families, and groups to provide outreach, emotional support, individual and group crisis counseling, public education, and referrals when needed.
- Is synonymous with term “outreach worker.”
- Represents program in the community and networks with other agencies and partners to ensure needs of survivors are met.
- Provides presentations to community groups on disaster reactions, coping skills, stress management, and the CCP.
- Provide education on COVID vaccine during outreach meetings
- May use the mobile application to complete data form