Salary: $21.54 per hour
Hours: 18.75 per week
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY and travel throughout Suffolk County
A Bachelor’s degree in a human service/health discipline and two years’ experience is preferred. NYS Peer Specialist Certification (or completion underway) preferred. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate should possess or be quickly able to acquire the following skills and knowledge:
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced trauma, psychiatric and substance abuse challenges as well as chronic physical conditions;
- Strong communication skills with health professionals involved in the consumer’s care;
- Understanding of the key elements of recovery and wellness, including the role of family and self-help;
- Sound organizational skills and computer skills (agency uses electronic health records).
- Basic knowledge of the public health/mental health system, public entitlement and social service programs;
- Candidate must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Human Resources Director