Salary: $20.51 per hour (non-exempt position)
Hours: 18.75 per week
Location: Multiple locations within Suffolk County and also remotely
Mission Statement: “To empower and inspire people of all communities to identify, pursue and sustain healthy, meaningful lives”.
MHAW strives to develop an authentic, diverse workforce that embraces, creates, respects and demonstrates diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in the work environment, towards one another and those we serve. We recognize that our agency is strongest when we all embrace the full spectrum of diversity and experience. We actively seek to employ a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve.
MHAW is a pro-vaccination agency, and has required all staff to be fully vaccinated and encourages service recipients to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
Position: Part Time Outreach and Training Peer Specialist
Salary: $20.51 per hour
Hours: Part-Time (18.75)
Locations: Multiple locations within Suffolk County and also remotely
Outreach and Training Peer Specialists are agency leaders in facilitation of services designed to support in-training/working peer specialists in exploring, obtaining, and sustaining employment through outreach, training, internship, support, and advocacy services. We acknowledge, hold space for, and advocate with people who experience discrimination based on psychiatric labels, race, ethnicity, nationality, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, size, socioeconomic status, and more.
These leadership roles support MHAW’s Careers in Recovery and Wellness Training Center and Healing Connection Peer Support Services. This is an exciting, fast paced, and challenging employment opportunity, therefore all interested candidates must be highly motivated, with ability to work independently and as part of a team. This is not a clinical position and is reserved for trained peer specialist who experience emotional distress, voices and visions, extreme and altered states of consciousness, labeled by psychiatry, substance use, and trauma/trauma responses.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Offer one-to-one mutual supports by way of telephone, online, and in person
- Offer group facilitated supports and trainings by way of telephone, online, and in person
- Offer presentations by way of telephone, online, and in person
- Connection, relationship building, and collaboration with agencies who are offering peer services
- Continually seek to enhance one’s skills, proficiency, philosophy, and practical understanding in all areas pertinent to peer support and peer services
- Maintain and update communication, data bases, and materials
- Read and responds to emails
Send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Kathy Elfers, Human Resources Director at email@example.com