Salary: $45,000 plus highly competitive benefits package
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, some flexibility for eve/weekend
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY – travel throughout Suffolk County
Bachelor’s degree in human service/health discipline and two years’ experience is required. Candidates with Master’s degrees are also encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is a plus; stipend is awarded for assessed and verified bi-lingual proficiency
The successful candidate should possess or be able to quickly acquire the following skills and knowledge:
- Understanding of the key elements of recovery and wellness, including the role of family and self-help. Experience working with those who have chronic physical health and/or behavioral health diagnoses (mental health and/or substance use).
- Ability to communicate with health professionals involved in the care of those served;
- Basic knowledge of the public health/mental health system, public entitlement and social service programs;
- Reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills and knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Excel; will be working in multiple IT platforms including electronic health record.
Send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Kathy Elfers, HR Director
Association for Mental Health & Wellness