Salary: $20.51 per hour ($40,000)
Hours: 8:30 to 4:30PM (Monday through Friday)
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
A Bachelor’s degree in a human service/health discipline and two years’ experience is required. Candidates with Master’s degrees related to physical/mental health are also encouraged to apply. Individuals with bi-lingual skills and personal recovery experience are highly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate should possess or be able to quickly acquire the following skills and knowledge:
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced psychiatric and substance abuse disabilities and trauma, as well as debilitating, physical conditions;
- Ability to communicate with health professionals involved in the consumer’s care;
- Understanding of the key elements of recovery and wellness, including the role of family and self-help;
- Sound organizational skills including computer skills (agency uses electronic health records).
- Basic knowledge of the public health/mental health system, public entitlement and social service programs;
- Candidate must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Application: Please send resume & cover letter to Kristi Bosco at: email@example.com or fax to (631) 676-6934.
Association for Mental Health & Wellness