Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Long Island, NY
- Experience with and knowledge of the New York State and Suffolk County public mental health system. Knowledge of wellness, self-help and empowerment programs and resources for recipients of mental health services.
- Establishment of and sustainment your own self-directed recovery and care.
- Working toward or maintain active Certification as a NYS Peer Specialist
- Effective use of self-disclosure to inspire and support participants.
- Sound communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Group facilitation and training experience
- Motivational Interviewing and Harm Reduction experience
- Group training skills, as well as experience working one-on-one in the role of a Peer Specialist
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Technological skills
- Previous supervision skills a plus
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
* Association for Mental Health and Wellness is offering a onetime sign on bonus for individuals hired at the agency upon successful completion of an introductory period.
Send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Human Resources Director