Salary: $55,000 per year
Hours: 37.5 hours per week-must be flexible for after hours and weekends
Location: Suffolk County, NY
Mission Statement: “To empower and inspire people of all communities to identify, pursue and sustain healthy, meaningful lives”.
MHAW strives to develop an authentic, diverse workforce that embraces, creates, respects and demonstrates diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in the work environment, towards one another and those we serve. We recognize that our agency is strongest when we all embrace the full spectrum of diversity and experience. We actively seek to employ a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve.
MHAW is a pro-vaccination agency, and has required all staff to be fully vaccinated and encourages service recipients to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
Position: Housing Program Manager
Salary: $55,000 per yer
Location: Suffolk County
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week- must be flexible for after hours and weekends
Start Date: Immediately
The Housing Manager will lead and develop a Housing Program Team with a strong sense of accountability for achieving person centered outcomes for residents and in the provision of supported, permanent housing to Veterans and individuals with Mental Illness in compliance with funder regulations and requirements.
- Facilitate the screening, interviewing and disposition of potential residents for the program and assist with the move-in and program orientation process.
- Work collaboratively with MHAW administrative staff and Property Management staff to ensure completion and submission of Lease, MHAW Housing Agreement, Initial and Annual Rent Reviews.
- Monitor staff compliance to ensure all case records (electronic and paper) are accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date for all residents. Review client records to ensure compliance with funder requirements.
- Provide training and coaching for improvement as indicated.
- Provide regular, ongoing supervision of staff and facilitate weekly staff and clinical review meetings.
- Prompt reporting of safety concerns to management and submission of Incident Reports to the Incident Review Committee (IRC). Active participation in the agency wide IRC meetings and implementation of corrective action for MHAW permanent housing as indicated.
- Assist with rent collection and ensure all staff members support housing stability through a proactive active approach to working with tenants around budgeting and money management. Institute necessary action to remove barriers toward residence continuance in housing program including written communication to residents regarding their status within the program, and to inform residents if their continuation with the program is in jeopardy.
- Act as liaison between the client and landlords and / or property management to assist with resolving tenancy issues and provide eviction prevention services.
- Keep up-to-date on changes, additions, and cancellations to the many available housing subsidy programs.
Send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Kathy Elfers- Human Resources Director email@example.com