Salary: $52,000 to $55,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY and travel throughout Suffolk County
The successful candidate should possess or be quickly able to acquire the following skills and knowledge:
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with people who have experienced trauma, psychiatric and substance abuse challenges as well as chronic physical conditions;
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Understanding of the key elements of recovery and wellness, including the role of family and self-help;
- Basic knowledge of the public health/mental health system, public entitlement and social service programs;
- Candidate must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Master’s degree in a human service/health discipline; license preferred, and two years’ experience with assessment, outreach or delivering behavioral health services.
- Supervisory experience.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
Send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Kathy Elfers, Human Resources Director