Salary: 20.51 per hour ($40000 annually)
Hours: 37.5 hours/week, including some scheduled evening and Saturday/Sunday hours
Location: Various locations in Eastern Suffolk
This position is reserved for an individual who identifies as a person with lived experience from haven been given a psychiatric diagnosis, receiving or received mental health services and has the ability to relate to and support others based on the “shared personal experience” paradigm. The successful candidate should possess or be quickly able to acquire the following skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree is highly preferred. Qualified for (includes, but not limited to having a high school diploma or GED) and at a minimum, and working toward their New York Peer Specialist Certification through OMH or OASIS.
- Have at least one year experience in direct services working with persons who have been given a psychiatric diagnosis and/or trauma survivors
- Must be calm, patient, empathetic, supportive, have excellent listening skills and the ability to relate positively and enthusiastically to a wide variety of people
- Basic knowledge of the public health/behavioral health system including, but not limited to; mental health services and public entitlements
- Strong writing and computer skills, as electronic record is used. Basic knowledge in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Social Media.
- Willingness and availability to attend supervision, trainings, conferences, workshops, webinars to enhance their abilities and awareness of best practice
- Clean NY State Driver’s License as some driving with clients will be necessary
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation for this position
- Mileage is not reimbursed for this position but is included within the hourly rate of pay
Application: Please send resume & cover letter to Kristi Bosco at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (631) 676-6934.
Association for Mental Health & Wellness