Salary: $20.51 per hour
Hours: Full time (37.5) AND Per Diem Positions (possible evening and/or weekend hours)
Location: Various locations in Eastern Suffolk
HCBS Peer Specialist is a Certified Peer Specialist who has personal experience receiving mental health services and/or psychiatric hospitalizations with a willingness to share to educate and inspire others. The successful candidate should possess or be quickly able to acquire the following skills and abilities:
- New York Peer Specialist Certification through OMH or OASIS Qualified, a high school diploma or GED and at a minimum.
- Have at least one year experience in direct services working with persons who have been given a psychiatric diagnosis and/or trauma survivors
- Must be calm, patient, empathetic, supportive, have excellent listening skills and the ability to relate positively and enthusiastically to a wide variety of people
- Basic knowledge of the public health/behavioral health system including, but not limited to; mental health services and public entitlements
- Strong writing and computer skills, as electronic record is used. Basic knowledge in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Social Media.
- Willingness and availability to attend supervision, trainings, conferences, workshops, webinars to enhance their abilities and awareness of best practice
- Clean NY State Driver’s License as some driving with clients will be necessary
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is a plus
- Must have reliable transportation for this position
- Mileage is not reimbursed for this position but is included within the hourly rate of pay
Application: Please send resume & cover letter to Kristi Bosco at: email@example.com or fax to (631) 676-6934.
Association for Mental Health & Wellness