Salary: 21.54 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Various locations throughout Suffolk County
- This position is reserved for an individual who identifies as a person with lived experience, having received a psychiatric diagnosis, receiving or received mental health services, and has the ability to relate to and support others based on the shared personal experience paradigm. Provisional or Certified New York State Peer Specialist; certification through NYS OMH or OASAS.
- Education – minimum qualifications include a high school diploma or GED.
- Have at least one year experience in direct services working with persons who have been given a psychiatric diagnosis and/or trauma survivors.
- Basic knowledge of the public health/behavioral health system including, but not limited to; mental health services and public entitlements
- Strong writing and computer skills, as electronic health record is used for documentation. Basic knowledge in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Social Media.
- Clean NY State Driver’s License as some driving with clients will be necessary
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is a plus; stipend is awarded for assessed and verified bi-lingual proficiency
- Must have reliable transportation for this position
Please send resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Kathy Elfers, Human Resources Director