Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
Mission Statement: “To empower and inspire people of all communities to identify, pursue and sustain healthy, meaningful lives”.
MHAW strives to develop an authentic, diverse workforce that embraces, creates, respects and demonstrates diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in the work environment, towards one another and those we serve. We recognize that our agency is strongest when we all embrace the full spectrum of diversity and experience. We actively seek to employ a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve.
MHAW is a pro-vaccination agency, and has required all staff to be fully vaccinated and encourages service recipients to be vaccinated against Covid-19.
Position: Community Oriented Recovery and Empowerment (CORE) Services Administrative Assistant
Salary: $40,000 per year with excellent benefits.
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30pm, (Onsite – Monday through Friday)
Location: Pollack Center- Ronkonkoma N.Y.
The CORE Administrator Assistant will support and streamline both CORE ( Community Oriented Recovery and Empowerment Services) and CPST (Community Psychiatric Support and Treatment) programs with operational support as directed by CORE Program Director to ensure all aspects of services.
- Field and monitor phone communication regarding CORE inquiries and changes in scheduling and cancellations.
- Maintain access to agency designated electronic platforms and applications
- Input data and informational notes into the Electronic Health Record
- Track and maintain time sensitive program documentation including MCO Notification Forms, staff training records, and Community Referral Forms.
- Maintain all files- New, Current, Inactive and Discharged
- Maintain and submit Reports for agency vehicles, expense reports and client reporting
- Support tasks specific to staff encounter forms, mileage forms and other reporting forms
- Prepare reports for Program Director from Electronic Health Record
- Prepare and distribute materials for the weekly team meetings/staff meetings
- Ensure effective and timely written and verbal communication to persons and systems within the agency and outside the agency.
- Facilitate communication between programs regarding crisis or other time sensitive issues.
- Serve as a back-up resource to CORE Team for telephone messaging; as well as prepare written correspondence for staff and copying/scanning documents.
- The Administrative Assistant may also be assigned additional projects and tasks necessary to support and ensure quality program operations including, but not limited to:
- Reception for the main entrance – Buzzing in 9client’s staff and visitors greeting and screening of for COVID 19 symptoms.
- 2+ years administrative support experience ( medical support preferred)
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish is a plus. Stipend awarded for assessed and verified proficiency.
- Excellent computer skills a must relating to excel spreadsheets and word documents.
- Must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
* Association for Mental Health and Wellness is offering a onetime sign on bonus for individuals hired with the agency upon successful completion of an introductory period.
Please send resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to:
Kathy Elfers, Human Resources Director