Salary: $20.51 per hour ($40,000 annual) plus highly competitive benefits package
Hours: Full time, Non Exempt - 37.5 hours per week, need flexibility for eve/weekend
Location: Eastern End of Long Island
Availability: To be determined
- Candidates with LMSW or MSW degrees are PREFERRED. A Bachelor’s degree in a human service/health discipline and two years’ experience working with children is required.
- Persons with bi-lingual skills and personal experience are highly encouraged to apply. RN’s, LPN’s also encouraged to apply.
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with children who have experienced behavioral health issues, substance use, complex trauma as well as physical conditions which impact their functioning.
- Previous Juvenile Justice system experience.
- Current or previous certification in completing Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths Comprehensive Multi-system Assessments (CANS).
- Strong collaborative communication skills with health/mental health professionals, educators, child welfare services and involved in the care.
- Understanding of the key elements of recovery and wellness, including the role of family and self-help;
- Sound organization skills including computer skills (agency uses electronic health records).
- Basic knowledge of the children’s public health/mental health system, child welfare, public entitlement and social service programs;
- Candidate must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team. Candidate must be flexible in availability to work evenings, after school and to meet employed caregivers availability.
Application: Please send resume & cover letter to Kristi Bosco at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (631) 676-6934.
Association for Mental Health & Wellness