Hours: 830am - 430pm
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
New York State continues to undergo massive changes in a move towards integrating mental and physical health care, substance abuse and social service needs. We are looking for a highly skilled individual who can assume the role of Children’s Care Management Team Coordinator. Responsibilities combine duties of a professional direct service provider with administrative and supervisory tasks in order to further our mission.
The goal of the Children’s Care Management program is to work with children and their families, who have an array of behavioral health and medical conditions, to assist them in accessing medical, behavioral and social services in their communities so that unnecessary hospitalizations and emergency room visits can be avoided.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining caseload and providing core Health Home services to assigned children
- Providing oversight to and monitoring productivity of Care Managers
- Conducting ongoing risk assessment for all children on team
- Running and utilizing reports in EHR and other IT platforms
- Auditing/monitoring records to ensure quality and timely completion of documentation
- Providing group and individual supervision to Care Managers on team
- Monitoring staff hours, timesheets, mileage reimbursement requests
- Training and monitoring new staff
- Participating in staff meetings, Team Coordinator meetings and other administrative meetings/trainings as required
- Performing duties with designated amount of time in field and office setting
Working collaboratively with Program Leadership and Program Director
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills including familiarity with an electronic health record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong engagement skills and the ability to help the team improve and refine their own skills around engagement
- Two Years’ experience working with children in the target population utilizing a person-centered, trauma-informed approach
- Basic knowledge of the public health/mental health system, public entitlement and social service programs
- Must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Application: Please send resume & cover letter to Kristi Bosco at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (631) 676-6934.
Association for Mental Health & Wellness