Salary: $23.07 per hour plus highly competitive benefits package
Hours: Full time, Non Exempt - 37.5 hours per week
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
The successful candidate should possess or be quickly able to acquire the following skills and abilities:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a human service/health discipline and two years experience working with children is required.
- Excellent inter-personal communication including the ability to establish empathic, empowering relationships with children and families who have experienced behavioral health issues, substance use, complex trauma as well as physical conditions which impact their functioning.
- Strong collaborative communication skills with health/mental health professionals, educators, child welfare services and involved in the care.
- Current or previous certification in completing Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths Comprehensive Multisystem Assessments (CANS) a plus.
- Experience with juvenile justice system a plus
- Understanding of the key elements of recovery and wellness, including the role of family and self-help;
- Sound organization skills including computer skills (agency uses electronic health records).
- Basic knowledge of the children’s public health/mental health system, child welfare, public entitlement and social service programs;
- A reliable self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team. Candidate must be flexible in availability to work evenings, after school, weekends in order to meet with employed caregivers.
- Strong writing and computer skills, as electronic health record is used for documentation. Basic knowledge in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Social Media.
- Clean NY State Driver’s License as travel throughout Suffolk County is necessary for the postion
Send a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in this position to: Kathy Elfers- Human Resources Director firstname.lastname@example.org