Salary: Based on credentials and experience
Hours: Monday through Friday: 830am to 430pm
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
Chief Executive Officer
Expected Start: Fall 2020
The Association for Mental Health and Wellness (MHAW) is a leading regional entity for quality recovery-directed services to people with physical and psychiatric disabilities and trauma, as well as delivering community mental health advocacy, education and Veteran’s services. MHAW was founded in 2014 with the merger of three organizations, the Mental Health Association of Suffolk County (founded in 1955), Suffolk County United Veterans (1989), and Clubhouse of Suffolk (1990). During 2019 over 5,000 individuals accessed our programs and services. Our annual program funding is $16 million with a staff of 200.
The Board and Executive Leadership are committed to the core values, mission and vision of this agency. The mission of the Association for Mental Health and Wellness is to empower people and communities to pursue and sustain enriched, healthy and self-directed lives. We pursue the delivery of quality person driven, trauma and recovery-informed practice. The highest standards of community partnership and collaboration are employed. Many senior staff and board members act as leaders in local, regional and state-level professional and advocacy organizations.
MHAW seeks a dynamic leader with experience, skills and values requisite to shepherd the organization into its next phase of growth in community based behavioral health and human services. This is a thoughtfully planned executive transition which has been included as part of a simultaneous full spectrum internal assessment and strategic plan.
Chief Executive Officer Job Responsibilities:
- Lead Executive Team of the agency to create and ensure a culture that focuses on fulfilling MHAW’s mission, vision, and values through inspired human service management practice across all agency programs and initiatives
- Develop and enhance new initiatives through careful and inclusive assessment of emerging health and behavioral health trends, performance metrics, and revenue opportunities
- Analyze organization operations and available resources for optimal performance
- Identify opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement
- Ensure that the company is adequately staffed with well-trained, quality, diverse, and engaged employees at all times
- Work closely with the executive management team to develop effective hiring, training, and compensation plans to retain quality talent
- Mentor and empower staff to be successful in serving clients
- Along with the CFO, Board Treasurer, and COO, oversee the agency’s overall operations, financial performance, and risk management while ensuring that all regulatory obligations are met
- Oversee and participate in all organizational communication across multiple media platforms to advance our community health and mental health missions and brand impact as well as the development and the implementation of effective marketing strategies
- Represent the agency’s stakeholder role in activities and events of local, regional, state, and national coalitions and associations to advance the agency’s positioning and networking strength and resources. This will include advocacy and travel to Albany and Washington DC
- Participate with the board and fund-raising professionals on planning, development and implementation of a fundraising ventures for short and long term needs
- Work with Board on organizational transparency, mission assurance, and achievement of strategic plan objectives and monitoring of company performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and effectively managing risks and negative trends
- Effectively negotiate contracts and ensure timely reporting and payments, with government, private payers and vendors, following appropriate bidding requirements. Understand Value Based Payments and other payment options
- Update job knowledge by remaining aware of new industry trends, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
Association for Mental Health & Wellness