Salary: $40k; with excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision, leave time, pension plan, etc.)
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30pm, (Monday through Friday) some flexibility required
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
We are looking for an individual to work as part of our agency administrative team within the accounting department, under the supervision of the Accounts Payable Administrator and Controller. In this role, the successful candidate will perform both Payroll and Accounts Payable duties. He/She will work with the Payroll Administrator in reviewing payroll timecards and following up with staff regarding timecard entries, using ADP payroll system for various PR tasks, as well as maintaining spreadsheet files for the recording and posting of the Agency’s bi-weekly payroll. He/She will also work with the Accounts Payable Administrator in reviewing employee travel statements for content, accuracy and posting into Fund EZ, the Accounting software program. Additional tasks will be assigned as needed or required in order to maintain accounting policy & procedures.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review Payroll time cards ensuring hours are entered accurately according to payroll policies
- Follow up with staff regarding timecard discrepancies
- Review ADP payroll reports and prepare payroll for transmission
- Maintain excel spreadsheets used for posting of payroll to General Ledger
- Provide various payroll information and reports for Contract/Grant reporting
- Review employee travel statements for content and accuracy and follow up with staff regarding discrepancies
- Posting of staff travel statement expenses into Fund EZ
- Assist Accounts Payable Administrator and Controller with other tasks as deemed necessary
The successful candidate should possess the following skills and abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Accounting skills
- Strong knowledge a must relating to excel spreadsheets, word documents & Accounting/payroll software
- Excellent Verbal and written Communication skills
- Must be a reliable self-starter with the ability to maintain confidentiality; work both independently and part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet deadline requirements; ability to multitask
- Knowledge of ADP payroll system helpful
- Knowledge of Fund-EZ Accounting software helpful
- Experience in Non-Profit preferred
- Associates Degree or Accounting experience required.
Application: Please send resume & cover letter to Kristi Bosco at: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (631) 676-6934.
Association for Mental Health & Wellness